Getting started with promotions on Facebook may seem like a daunting task but believe us, it isn’t. We have simplified it for you. Here is everything you need to know about the Facebook ad campaign structure before you start your very first Facebook campaign.
Setting the Objective
It is essentially the first level of a campaign structure that allows you set an objective for your ad. The choice of your objective governs the options of ad-set optimization and what event you are going to be charged for. Depending on your objective, you can choose from the optimization to be charged for link clicks or 1000 impressions. Your objective could be one of the following:
- Awareness: The objective is to get your audience to notice and hopefully, be interested in your product or service. You can choose this objective if you want to make more people aware of your offerings in addition to its existing fan base. With awareness as a goal, the following are the campaigns that you can run:
- Boost your posts
- Promote your page
- Reach people near your business
- Increase brand awareness
- Consideration: The objective is to place your product or service in the consideration of the minds of your audience as you’d probably have already guessed that. The idea here is to get their interest to the next level of looking for more information about your offering or to take an action with regards. This can be achieved through the following campaign types:
- Send people to a destination on or off Facebook
- Get installs of your app
- Raise attendance at your event
- Get video views
- Collect leads for your business
III. Conversions: The objective is to make your audience purchase your product or avail any services offered. This campaign type usually encourages already interested audiences to take the action of purchasing your product or service. To achieve conversion, you can choose from the following campaign types that suit your business offerings:
- Increase conversions on your website
- Increase engagement in your app
- Get people to claim your offer
- Promote a product catalogue
- Get people to visit your stores
Based on your objective, the ad-set level allows you to optimize your campaign for the right audience, placements and Budget & Schedule. You can choose to show your ads to the audience you wish to target based on the following:
Custom Audience: You can create custom audience of the users from an existing customer database (email and phone numbers database), who visited your website, who interacted with your app and Facebook content of your page. You can also create an audience which is similar to the audience created using your database. These lookalike audience allow you to reach more people who have similar interests and behaviour and are likely to be interested in your brand.
Demographics: You can choose people from different geographies (i.e. country, state, and city or post code), age, gender and language.
Detailed Targeting: You can opt to include or exclude people of particular demography, interest and or behaviour.
Connections: You can also choose to include or exclude people associated with your page, event or app.
Budget & Schedule: You can set up the amount you want spend in a day or lifetime for your ad-set. You can shift from daily budget to lifetime and vice-versa anytime.
Delivery: This means ads are shown to the chosen target audience. There are two ways to show your ads- Standard delivery and Accelerated deliver. Know more about different delivery types here.
Ad Formats & Placements
Facebook allows you to show your ads across devices such as desktop and mobile and online platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Audience network.
On desktop, news feed ads and right column ads are the two options of placements available. For mobile, only newsfeed placement is available. Ad formats supported by Facebook are:
- Canvas (mobile only)
Instagram & Audience Network
These two platforms support the following ad formats:
Now you have enough information to kick-start your Facebook campaign, just make sure you choose your audience with due-diligence to achieve the maximum bang for your buck. Precise information on who do you want to target and which offers will make them buy is the key to ace more people interested in your brand.
Become a Facebook ads champion with more updates. Stay tuned!